Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Entertainer*



I am the entertainer, the idol of my age
I make all kinds of money when I go on the stage
You see me in the papers, I've been in the magazines
But if I go cold, I won't get sold
I get put in the back in the discount rack
Like another can of beans

I am the entertainer and I know just where I stand
Another serenader and another longhaired band
Today I am your champion,
I may have won your hearts
But I knew the game, you'll forget my name
I won't be here in another year
If I don't stay on the charts.



Taken in New Orleans :)

2 comments:

  1. What was taken in New Orleans? The pic or the poem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic rookie- it was in this voodoo shop- really cool stuff- bet they had that poisoned apple that you needed for some of your teachers :)

    ReplyDelete